What is DRM Lite?
DRM Lite is an electronic delivery method that allows the British Library to supply secure, encrypted documents and ensure that the documents are used only as permitted and the rights of the copyright holder are protected. The documents are locked to a user rather than a machine, so that they can be viewed from anywhere on any machine, including mobile devices. Before you can access your document you are required to register with the ‘British Library On Demand’
How do I register with the ‘British Library On Demand’?
- Click ‘British Library On Demand’ link on the right to start your registration: https://register.bl.uk/RegOnline.aspx?serviceId=3
- Start at: Don't have a British Library Online Account yet?
- Click Register button
- Complete the form, providing only your University email address ending on @coventry.ac.uk or @uni.coventry.ac.uk Important notice: Usernames containing the ‘@’ symbol can cause documents to fail to open. Please avoid creating usernames containing the ‘@’ symbol.
- The British Library will send you an email to activate your account. Follow the instructions in the email. It is important that you wait for this message, and then activate your account. You will not be able to use your account until you do this.
- Log in to your account when prompted, add additional information, agree with terms and conditions and finish your registration.
- You will receive a message from the British Library confirming your registration. The email will ask you “If you work or study at an organisation who has an existing Business Account with On Demand…” Your online account is set up, and you do not need to forward this message to us.
How will I receive my document?
The British Library will send it to us and we will forward to you an email - The subject header will contain “British Library Order” followed by your order/request number and a dispatch date.
The email will include a link to your document and instructions for how to download it.
- The link to your document will only be active for 30 days from dispatch, after which it will be deleted
- The document may only be printed once and we recommended that you print it immediately
- Once downloaded and saved, using (save as:) you can view the document for up to 3 years
- You can keep copies of your document on multiple devices, including tablets, smartphones and USB sticks
- You will need to be connected to the Internet to read your documents.
A link to your document will be delivered to you by email. You must be online to be able to download your document. When you click the link, you will be taken to the download page.
- If you are already registered for the ‘British Library On Demand’ and the system recognises your email address, you will be prompted to “Click to download your document”.
- If you are not registered for the ‘British Library On Demand’, you can register by clicking ‘Register for On Demand’ on the download page. Follow the instructions, which include activating your account. Please use your Coventry University email address for your registration.
Note: Do not use an @symbol in your username
- Return to the download page and enter your username or registered email address before you click to download your document. It might take a few minutes to confirm your registration. You will be able to access the document once the registration is confirmed.
- Once you click on ‘download your document’ you will be presented with the following prompt. Some mobile devices may require you to go to your downloads before you can access this prompt.
Enter your Username and Password to access your document.
- You will need to enter these details each time you access the document, unless you check the ‘Remember me on this computer’ box. Please DO NOT check this box if you are accessing the document on a shared computer.
- Once you have downloaded the document, it will be locked to your On Demand Username and Password, and only you can access it.
Why won’t my document download or open? Why am I seeing blank pages?
- Check if your device is connected to the Internet. Online access is needed every time you open the document.
- Are you using Adobe Reader as your PDF viewer? If your browser’s default PDF viewer is not Adobe Reader, you will need to disable it before documents can be read. The Google Chrome PDF viewer can be disabled by typing ‘chrome://plugins’ in to the address bar, then scrolling down to ‘Chrome PDF viewer’ and clicking ‘Disable’. Note: this cannot be done on Coventry University campus pc’s.
- We recommend you use IE or Firefox instead of Google Chrome to download documents.
- Are you using a compatible version of Adobe Reader? Adobe Reader 10 or above is required on any device you use to view documents, including mobile devices.
- Has a previous user locked you out by selecting ‘Remember me on this computer’? If so, in Adobe Reader go to ‘Edit>Preferences>Security’, click and confirm the ‘Clear remembered account information’ option, then retry the download link.
- Has the download link expired? The download link will remain live for 30 days from the date of the original email sent from the British Library. If the download link has expired, the item will need to be re-ordered.
- Does your Username contain the ‘@’ symbol? This results in the error message, ‘There was a problem accessing your document, please try again later’. Please contact the British Library’s Customer Services for advice.