How to find help in the Library
There are many different ways to find help in the library
- Online guides and videos to help you search the Library catalogue, search databases or help you with referencing. These are available from the student portal or Moodle (the online learning environment). You will have access to these when you begin your course.
- Enquiry desk on the second floor for help searching for books, journals, using databases and information searching.
- Reception desk at the entrance to the library for enquiries about your library account and help, borrowing, reserving or renewing books.
- Roving enquiry team – stop them and ask for help!
- Study skills collection – collection of books to help with different aspects of study, e.g. essay writing, how to do research.
- Subject librarian – there is a specialist librarian for each subject who can help you search for resources relevant to your subject. You can contact them to make an appointment.
Within the library you can also get help with mathematics, academic writing and IT from;
- IT Services based in the library will help you with IT issues such as passwords, wireless connections, email, printing and photocopying.