The Library is very well equipped to help you with your postgraduate study, with a number of tailored spaces and services available for you to use.
- Study spaces - In addition to the general group, quiet and individual study areas, postgraduate students can use the Postgraduate Reading Room in the basement of the library. It is equipped with PCs, comfortable study areas and lockers.
- Subject librarian support - Specialist Subject Librarians are available for one-to-one appointments to help you find up-to-date, relevant information to support your research. Librarians can also help you to use reference management software such as RefWorks and Endnote, advise you on referencing and assist with other aspects of the research and publishing process such as open access requirements, research data management and bibliometrics.
- Document Delivery Service - Postgraduate students often need to access a very wide variety of books, journals and other types of material during the course of their research. Material which is not held by Coventry University library can be requested from another library (such as the British Library) through the Document Delivery Service.
- Sconul Access Scheme - This scheme enables students to use print material held by other university libraries. Postgraduate students will have limited borrowing rights which may vary depending on which library you go to.
- Academic writing support - The Centre for Academic Writing (CAW) is located just outside the Library. They provide support for writing, including essay, report and dissertation writing and can give guidance on grammar, structure, use of language and referencing. There is no charge for this service. On their webpage you will find online guides and tutorials. The Centre also also offers 50 minute and 20 minute one-to-one appointments, dissertation writing groups with protected writing time and workshops on topics such as planning and drafting your thesis and how to write a successful journal article.
- Sigma mathematics support - The Mathematics Support Centre (Sigma) is based on the ground floor of the library. They provide a free service to all students who use elements of maths and statistics for their coursework. To seek help you can drop in to the centre which is open 7 days a week during term-time, book an appointment or attend one of their workshops.
- IT Services - The IT Services help desk is located on the ground floor of the library. Staff at the help desk can assist you wth general IT enquiries such as problems with passwords, email, printing and photocopying, connecting to the wireless network and the virtual learning environment. A wide variety of user guides are available online and a telephone and an email enquiry service is also available.