This service is part of Library and Learning Services at CU London and is dedicated to guiding and assisting students with academic writing and English language at university. Whether you are finding it difficult at the beginning of your course or need to develop and improve to achieve the grades you want in years 2 and 3, the service is here to help.
The academic writing tutor will:
• listen to what you have to say about your writing and collaborate with you to provide guidance
• aid you in finding a way to understand your assignment brief better, including how to write in particular genres
• help you devise a plan to tackle your research
• assist you in organising your ideas and developing them
• analyse your writing to help you improve the way you structure and argue, and identify patterns of grammatical error
• offer strategies for revising and editing your assignment and developing your writing skills
do your assignment for you
proofread your assignment
Academic Writing Skills Workshops
The service conducts academic writing skills workshops throughout the year for particular course groups. Please feel free to request a workshop on any academic writing topic you feel your group would find of interest.